The Ophthalmology department deals with diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the eye and its surrounding structures like the orbit and lacrimal apparatus.
The services available to the patients are :
- Comprehensive eye examination as a part of master health check ups and pre- employment check ups.
- Vision testing, diagnosis of refractive errors and prescription of glasses in adults and children. Counselling for refractive surgeries and referrals to affiliated eye centres for the same.
- Diagnosis, investigations and latest surgeries for cataracts.
- Complete work up, perimetry, Optical coherence tomography, medical, laser and surgical treatment for glaucoma.
- Fundus examination and treatment of diabetic retinopathy with laser photocoagulation and intraocular injection to prevent progression and recurrences. Routine fundus examination of all diabetic patients for early detection of diabetic retinopathy.
- Detection, tests and treatment for computer vision syndrome.
- Paediatric Ophthalmology- school screening for vision problems, vision related learning difficulties, diagnosis, work up and surgeries for squint, cataract ,glaucoma in children. Regular follow up and treatment of eye problems like cortical visual impairment in premature babies.
- Screening all premature and high risk babies in the neonatal ward and intensive care unit every week for retinopathy of prematurity, laser photocoagulation when needed and follow up for the same.
- Orbit, Oculoplasty, and Ocular oncology services- diagnosis and treatment of eyelid malpositions( ptosis) and tumours, lacrimal gland and sac diseases, eye and surrounding structure ( orbit) tumours and cancers. Involvement of eyes in thyroid dysfunction ( thyroid eye disease) and eye cancer in children ( retinoblastoma) is diagnosed, investigated,treated and followed up.
- Interdepartmental diagnosis, investigations and treatment of headache due to various causes and optic nerve disorders.
- Vision Rehabilitation services for children with special needs, patients with strokes and post neurosurgery patients.
- Screening in the rural and semi- urban areas, old age homes and orphanages for eye problems, specially the vision threatening ones and their treatment at very affordable rates.
Dr. P L Nataraj
Senior Consultant & Head, Phaco - refractive surgeron
Dr. Nagarathna Bailey
Senior consultant, General Ophthalmology
Dr. Usha Vasu
Senior consultant General Ophthalmology and Vision rehabilitation
Dr. Varsha V Acharya
Dr. Rohit Sreenath
Consultant Phaco- refractive surgeries, medical retina
Dr. Varsha Tamrakar
MBBS/ MS/ FELLOW anterior segment (cataract) and paediatric opthalmology
Dr. Sumanth K
Visiting Consultant - Vitreo- retina and Retinopathy of prematurity.
Dr. Roshmi Guptha
Visiting Consultant - Orbit, Oculoplasty and Ocular oncology.
SENIOR CONSULTANT & HEAD, PHACO - REFRACTIVE SURGERON
Areas of special interest: General Ophthalmology, Neurophthalmology, Paediatric Neuro-developmental Ophthalmology, Low Vision and visual rehabilitation.
Dr Usha Vasu
Experience and Awards : Awarded gold medal for best outstanding post grad student 2009 MSRMC - RGUHS Work exp : Padmabushan M. C. Modi eye hospital, Vasan eye care, P. D. Hinduja sindhi hospital, Manipal hospital ... to name a few
Dr Varsha V acharya
Experience and Awards- -University gold medal (Tnmgr)- MS Ophthalmology Iirsi gold medal best poster chennai -Recognised by Rotary international at ikshana- Rotary national conference on community ophthalmology for having done more than 5000 free cataract surgeries for the underprivileged.- Nethra Mithra -Best presentation at APACRS BALI -2016 -multiple presentations and awards at national and international conferences and multiple paper in national and international journals. - conducted more than 10,000 cataract surgeries and more than 100 refractive power corrections successfully. Previously worked at Nethradhama, Jindal hospital, vasan eye care .
CONSULTANT PHACO- REFRACTIVE SURGERIES, MEDICAL RETINA
Dr Varsha Tamarkar
MBBS/ MS/ FELLOW ANTERIOR SEGMENT (CATARACT) AND PAEDIATRIC OPTHALMOLOGY
Areas of special interest: Plastic surgery around the eye , droopy eyelids ( ptosis), eyelid surgery for blepharoplasty, tumors in the orbit, thyroid eye diseas, fractures around the eye (orbital fractures).
Achievements: Best Podium Poster External Disease All India Ophthalmic Society 2022, Best Physical Poster Trauma All India Ophthalmic Society 2020, Best Physical Poster Oculoplasty All India Ophthlamic Society 2020, Best Podium Poster Lacrimal All India Ophthalmic Society 2020, Best Free Paper Raman Mittal Award Oculoplasty Association of India 2017, Best Oculoplasty Free Paper Sujata Savitri Rao Award All India Ophthalmic Society 2017, Best Oculoplasty Paper Karnataka Ophthalmic Society 2016, Best Oculoplasty Paper Karnataka Ophthalmic Society 2015, Best Surgical Video Finalist All India Ophthalmic Society 2015, Best Orbit Paper Asia Pacific Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and reconstructive Surgery 2007, Best Surgical Video Oculoplasty Association of India 2006, Best PG Free paper Karnataka Ophthalmic Society 2005.
Dr Roshmi Gupta
CONSULTANT - ORBIT, OCULOPLASTY AND OCULAR ONCOLOGY.