The Ophthalmology department deals with diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the eye and its surrounding structures like the orbit and lacrimal apparatus.
The services available to the patients are :
- Comprehensive eye examination as a part of master health check ups and pre- employment check ups.
- Vision testing, diagnosis of refractive errors and prescription of glasses in adults and children. Counselling for refractive surgeries and referrals to affiliated eye centres for the same.
- Diagnosis, investigations and latest surgeries for cataracts.
- Complete work up, perimetry, Optical coherence tomography, medical, laser and surgical treatment for glaucoma.
- Fundus examination and treatment of diabetic retinopathy with laser photocoagulation and intraocular injection to prevent progression and recurrences. Routine fundus examination of all diabetic patients for early detection of diabetic retinopathy.
- Detection, tests and treatment for computer vision syndrome.
- Paediatric Ophthalmology- school screening for vision problems, vision related learning difficulties, diagnosis, work up and surgeries for squint, cataract ,glaucoma in children. Regular follow up and treatment of eye problems like cortical visual impairment in premature babies.
- Screening all premature and high risk babies in the neonatal ward and intensive care unit every week for retinopathy of prematurity, laser photocoagulation when needed and follow up for the same.
- Orbit, Oculoplasty, and Ocular oncology services- diagnosis and treatment of eyelid malpositions( ptosis) and tumours, lacrimal gland and sac diseases, eye and surrounding structure ( orbit) tumours and cancers. Involvement of eyes in thyroid dysfunction ( thyroid eye disease) and eye cancer in children ( retinoblastoma) is diagnosed, investigated,treated and followed up.
- Interdepartmental diagnosis, investigations and treatment of headache due to various causes and optic nerve disorders.
- Vision Rehabilitation services for children with special needs, patients with strokes and post neurosurgery patients.
- Screening in the rural and semi- urban areas, old age homes and orphanages for eye problems, specially the vision threatening ones and their treatment at very affordable rates.
Dr. P L Nataraj
Senior Consultant & Head, Phaco - refractive surgeron
Dr. Nagarathna Bailey
Senior consultant, General Ophthalmology
Dr. Usha Vasu
Senior consultant General Ophthalmology and Vision rehabilitation
Dr. Varsha V Acharya
Dr. Rohit Sreenath
Consultant Phaco- refractive surgeries, medical retina
Dr. Varsha Tamrakar
MBBS/ MS/ FELLOW anterior segment (cataract) and paediatric opthalmology
Dr. Sumanth K
Visiting Consultant - Vitreo- retina and Retinopathy of prematurity.
Dr. Roshmi Gupta
Visiting Consultant - Orbit, Oculoplasty and Ocular oncology.
I would like to express my appreciation to Santosh and the way he is helping my mother heal , He is a very professional physiotherapist and takes care of the patient very well he is very concerned about the patient’s well-being such people should definitely be appreciated please forward this appreciation of mine to the management so that Santhosh is acknowledged