PICU at Rangadore Memorial Hospital is an 8-bedded multi-specialty tertiary PICU caring for critically ill children. We have 5 ventilators, 2 non invasive ventilators and a new Pediatric Dialysis machine apart from multichannel monitoring for all beds..
Our dedicated team of specialists is led by Dr. Gurudutt, an accredited IAP PICU Fellowship teacher and a DNB teacher. are committed to care for critically ill children and are working to create centre of excellence for Acute Care Pediatrics (PICU). The PICU team consists of 3 fully qualified PICU Consultants and 7 Paediatric DNB students. We have 12 Pediatric trained, experienced nursing staff who are dedicated to looking after critically ill children.
Our dedicated team is well trained to look after critically ill children with both COVID and NON COVID illnesses. Within the first few years of setting up the PICU, we have delivered care for over 1000 sick children with excellent outcomes.
The PICU is an accredited training center for National IAP-PICU fellowship and a training center for DNB Paediatrics.
PAEDIATRIC INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (PICU) SCOPE OF SERVICES:
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at Rangadore Memorial Hospital provides the best comprehensive treatment and care of complex emergency life threatening paediatric conditions.
- Experienced and well trained PICU consultants
- Equipped with state-of-the-art mechanical ventilators, multichannel monitors, paediatric dialysis and dedicated point of care USG machine.
- Facilities including CT scan, 24×7 lab, radiology and ambulance retrieval services are available at par with international standards.
- Over 500 critically ill children admitted in PICU each year with excellent outcomes.
- Well supported by several dedicated paediatric sub-specialties including neurology, respiratory, endocrine, surgery, orthopaedic, plastic surgery, haematology and nephrology, etc.
- Specialist procedures performed in PICU include 24 hours consultant-led emergency services customized for critically ill children of all ages with full monitoring and resuscitation capabilities.
- Paediatric Trauma services
- Breathing support- ventilator, NIV machine and HHHFNC
- Invasive and Non-invasive BP monitoring
- Central venous access and PICC line insertion
- Procedural Sedation
- Haemodialysis and Peritoneal dialysis
- Plasma exchange therapy
- Bedside EEG and ECG
Conditions Treated at PICU
- Severe Dehydration
- Dengue Shock
- Septic Shock
- Pneumonia with complications including ARDS
- Foreign body aspiration
- Acute Severe Asthma
- Acute renal failure
- Seizures and Status epilepticus
- Meningitis and Encephalitis
- Diabetic keto acidosis
- Snake and scorpion bites
- Complex paediatric surgical emergencies including Acute Abdomen, Intestinal obstruction, Empyema requiring VATS and various Congenital abnormalities
Dr. Gurudutt A.V
Areas of special interest: CRRT, POCUS, Inborn Error of Metabolism
Achievements: PICU Fellowship Program Director & DNB teacher at RMH, Completed Fellowship in Anaesthesia in UK, Worked as consultant PICU at Sherfield Children’s Hospital, UK, 14 years of work experience in United Kingdom
Paediatric Intensivist & Head of PICU
Areas of special interest: POCUS, Paediatric Respiratory Infections including advanced mechanical ventilation
Achievements: PICU Fellowship Program Director & DNB teacher at RMH
Dr Nidhi Srinivas
Consultant Paediatric Intensivist