The Pediatric department at RMH was operational right from the hospitals inception 15 years ago. General wards were filled with little citizens , seasonal diarrhoeas, respiratory tract infections, and often serious fevers to be investigated, were handled all in a friendly, competent and affordable setting. No underprivileged patient is turned away citing monetary concerns. Hospital is involved in helping out with resources , as it always did..
- Pediatric outpatient services function 8am to 8 pm with 8 pediatric consultants working in cohesion
- A dedicated comprehensive vaccines room with an ILR for storage and generous subsidy on rates is welcomed by our small patients
- Pediatric emergency services around the clock with the facility of a fully functioning , 12 bedded PICU for intensive care. 24/7 available emergency care is a service to our young clientele .
- A dedicated pediatric ward in a child friendly setting with qualified pediatric nurses
- Semi special and special rooms on request are available
- Pediatric specialty on call at wards and through the week and / or consultation in Opd . Adolescent medicine, Pediatric cardiology , surgery , neurology , neurosurgery , orthopedics , endocrinology , dentistry , rheumatology , and developmental pediatrics.
- Pediatric and neonatal surgery with high risk patients possible with the advanced care offered by the PICU and NICU
- Labour room and operation Theatre deliveries are all attended by neonatologists or pediatric fellows and postnatal follow up is by the pediatricians. Prenatal teaching sessions on childcare and feeding are regularly conducted by the pediatric dept. and postnatal sessions on feeding are taken by special Lactation consultant in wards and opd , a helpline will shortly be open. Care of the newborn forms a major part of pediatric services.
- Supportive laboratory services
- Emphasis is on affordability , availability and accessibility of services to the community by a dedicated team
- Regular teaching sessions , workshops, guest lectures ensure updated knowledge of the doctors and staff.
- Our consultants are eager to offer their services and health educating opportunity in community outreach programs too, in schools and social organisations, and extend charity to institutions such as orphanages and rescue shelters, in accordance with the hospital mission
Dr. Janaki S.R
Consultant Neonatologist & Paediatrician Fellowship in Neonatology (Australia)
Consltant in Peadiatrics and Adolescent Health
MBBS, DNB (PEDIATRICS) IBCLC (INTERNATINAL BOARD CERTIFIED LACTATION CONSULTANT
Dr. Srikanth S Bhat
MBBS, DCH, MD (Paed), DNB (Paed), MNAMS
Dr. Raksha S K
MBBS, MD, pGPN
Dr. Varsha Thamrarkar
MBBS/ MS/ FELLOW anterior segment (cataract) and paediatric opthalmology
MS (Gen Surgery) M.Ch, (Pediatric Surgery) FPMIS
Dr. Avani Hegde
MD Paediatrics Fellowship in Paediatric and Adolescent endocrinology
MS (AIIMS, DELHI) DNB MNAMS FELLOWSHIP IN PAEDIATRIC Ortho (UK & Korea)
Dr Anand P Subramanian
MBBS, DM,MD,MRCTCH DNB, DCH
Dr. Sudhindra Aroor
MD (Paed) D.M (Neuro)
MBBS, DCH, DNB Fellowship in Peadiatrics Neurology
MD Paediatrics F-IAP (NDBP)
Achievements:- Fellow of IAP, Past President of IAP Bangalore (1995 & 1996)
Dr. S.R. Keshava Murthy
Dr. Shuba Badami
Achievements: 5 Publication in clinical Journal, 2 nd Rank for state in MD – Pediatrician, Basic MRP trainer
Dr. Srikanth.S Bhat
Areas of Expertise : Paediatric orthopaedic especially in limb reconstruction including lenghthing in congenital deformities and neuro muscular illnesses like cerebral palsy.
Dr Prasad Inna
Consultant Paediatric Orthopaedician
Areas of special interest: Interventional Pediatric Cardiology - Device closure of shunt lesions like PDA, ASD, VSD, Balloon valvuloplasty, PDA stenting in neonates, Coarctation stenting, Pediatric Pulmonary Hypertension, Heart Failure in Children, Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Achievements: 21 publications in National and International PubMed indexed journals
Dr Anand P Subramanian
Interventional Pediatric Cardiologist
Areas of Expertise :Lactation, Maternal and infant, young child nutrition, Asthma & allergy, New-born care,Immunization.
Areas of special interest: Cerebral Palsy, Movement disorders, Neuro development disorders, (Autism & ADHD)
Dr Shruthi S H
CONSULTANT PAEDIATRIC NEUROLOGY
Areas of special interest: • Pediatric Laparoscopic surgery • Neonatal surgery • Pediatric Urological Surgery • Pediatriconcosurgery • Pediatric general surgery • Pediatric hepato-biliary surgery • Treatment of vascular anomalies
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
Areas of special interest: • Age group - 0 to 18 years • Short height • Poor growth • Growth hormone deficiency • Thyroid disorders • Diabetes • Hypoglycaemia • Obesity • Pubertal disorders • PCOS • Calcium and Vitamin D disorders • Rickets • Pituitary disorders • Adrenal disorders • Atypical genitalia Achievements: Bronze Medal - MD Paediatrics multidisciplinary approach involving the biological, psychological, social and cultural factors leading to the current difficulties faced and helps formulate a detailed health care plan to find the solutions for the problems"
Dr Avani Hegde
Areas of special interest: Epilepsy, Autism, Neuro-rehabilitation
Achievements: Co-Author & Editor – “Epilepsy – Pearls & pitfalls for the practicing pediatrician.”, Various faculty lectures & workshops conducted as part of IAP & IAP Neurology Karnataka Chapter.
Dr Sudhindra Aroor
Consultant Pediatric Neurologist