The Pediatric department at RMH was operational right from the hospitals inception 15 years ago. General wards were filled with little citizens , seasonal diarrhoeas, respiratory tract infections, and often serious fevers to be investigated, were handled all in a friendly, competent and affordable setting. No underprivileged patient is turned away citing monetary concerns. Hospital is involved in helping out with resources , as it always did..
- Pediatric outpatient services function 8am to 8 pm with 8 pediatric consultants working in cohesion
- A dedicated comprehensive vaccines room with an ILR for storage and generous subsidy on rates is welcomed by our small patients
- Pediatric emergency services around the clock with the facility of a fully functioning , 12 bedded PICU for intensive care. 24/7 available emergency care is a service to our young clientele .
- A dedicated pediatric ward in a child friendly setting with qualified pediatric nurses
- Semi special and special rooms on request are available
- Pediatric specialty on call at wards and through the week and / or consultation in Opd . Adolescent medicine, Pediatric cardiology , surgery , neurology , neurosurgery , orthopedics , endocrinology , dentistry , rheumatology , and developmental pediatrics.
- Pediatric and neonatal surgery with high risk patients possible with the advanced care offered by the PICU and NICU
- Labour room and operation Theatre deliveries are all attended by neonatologists or pediatric fellows and postnatal follow up is by the pediatricians. Prenatal teaching sessions on childcare and feeding are regularly conducted by the pediatric dept. and postnatal sessions on feeding are taken by special Lactation consultant in wards and opd , a helpline will shortly be open. Care of the newborn forms a major part of pediatric services.
- Supportive laboratory services
- Emphasis is on affordability , availability and accessibility of services to the community by a dedicated team
- Regular teaching sessions , workshops, guest lectures ensure updated knowledge of the doctors and staff.
- Our consultants are eager to offer their services and health educating opportunity in community outreach programs too, in schools and social organisations, and extend charity to institutions such as orphanages and rescue shelters, in accordance with the hospital mission
Dr. Janaki S.R
Consultant Neonatologist & Paediatrician Fellowship in Neonatology (Australia)
Consltant in Peadiatrics and Adolescent Health
MBBS, DNB (PEDIATRICS) IBCLC (INTERNATINAL BOARD CERTIFIED LACTATION CONSULTANT
Dr. Srikanth S Bhat
MBBS, DCH, MD (Paed), DNB (Paed), MNAMS
Dr. Raksha S K
MBBS, MD, pGPN
Dr. Varsha Thamrarkar
MBBS/ MS/ FELLOW anterior segment (cataract) and paediatric opthalmology
MS (Gen Surgery) M.Ch, (Pediatric Surgery) FPMIS
MD Paediatrics Fellowship in Paediatric and Adolescent endocrinology
Dr. Srikanth S Bhat
MS (AIIMS, DELHI) DNB MNAMS FELLOWSHIP IN PAEDIATRIC Ortho (UK & Korea)
Dr.Anand P. Subramanian
MBBS, DM,MD,MRCTCH DNB, DCH
MD (Paed) D.M. (Neuro)
MBBS, DCH, DNB Fellowship in Peadiatrics Neurology
MD Paediatrics F-IAP (NDBP)